Friday, January 6, 2012

Green Beansie Ink heads to NYC!

As many of you know, Green Beansie Ink (aka me) is part of a social networking community (similar to Facebook) created by Martha Stewart, called Dreamers Into Doers. I joined this group In February of 2011 and have met some wonderfully talented ladies, including my friend, Sarah DeJesus of Dreamers Joy Events & Design whom I have the pleasure of working with regularly!

My favorite feature of the site is reading about others who have started their little businesses from home, some while staying home with the kids like myself, reading about their challenges, successes, etc. On a whim, I included my shop name on the list to be considered for a Doer of the Week feature. Much to my surprise I was chosen this past August and shared my story with other readers! When they contacted me to fill out the questionnaire, I did so and thought that it must be part of a screening process and that I wasn't really chosen. Then one morning I woke up (bleary eyed from being up with my newborn) to a congratulatory email from Sarah who had seen my feature!!



Long story short, when Dreamers Into Doers announced an opportunity to visit the Martha Stewart Living Headquarters for a conference, networking, meet Martha and attend a taping of the Martha show, I jumped at the opportunity and entered the lottery and won a ticket! (See last year's event here.)



I must admit, I'm jumping up and down excited but a tad nervous to mingle with all of these hip, talented party planners, designers, MARTHA, business owners, etc. I'm just a mom who likes to create pretty designs! For the next two months I will be stressing about how to update my wardrobe according to 21st century standards (without spending any money), creating business cards, and finalizing childcare arrangements and trip plans! Stay tuned for my post-Martha Stewart conference update!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...